First, I want to just say that this post is a little bit late, most people already posted their resolutions, but I’m just doing it now. But guess what? I don’t really care. I want to post it now, so I am doing it! Who said I have to follow the rules?
So here are my different Year end lists.
Blog Year Recap!
- In March I started this blog (March 24th) and Kate turned 13! New readers should go here and read my very first post!
- In April I broke my leg in Joseph’s barn!
- In May I took my first and unexpected trip on the BTT.
- June I joined in the RebelliousWriting group.
- In July I started my Independence Day Dependence Short Story, that I never finished… *cough, cough*
- In August my friends and I witnessed a Solar Eclipse! It was so amazing! Even though it wasn’t a complete eclipse where we were, it was still pretty epic.
- In September I got to chat with Gray Marie from WritingIsLife, and participated in my first ever blog tour for the book Where Dandelions Grow.
- In October we got a new puppy!
- In November I got to interview Mrs. Gina Marinello! I also posted my poem “Stars” for Thanksgiving and participated in the blog tour for The Question of Courage.
- And of course in December we celebrated Christmas and New Year!
Here is the list of things I did that made me really happy with the year.
- I finished reading all the way through the Bible! YA! YA! YA! *does happy dance*
- I became the official Sunday School teacher for my class (even through I’m under age. We have an adult in the class, but I am the teacher and YAAAA!). *does another happy dance*
- I got a short story published in a Christian Girls Magazine. *crickets* I’m almost published girls. This is crazy. It’s actually happening.
- I read the Bible 365 times total in 2017. That is to say I read EVERY SINGLE DAY! I learned so much and I’ve grown closer to God. I’m so excited to learn more this coming up year.
New Year Resolutions!
- Pray more. I need to set aside more time to focus on God and pray.j
- Share the gospel at least once a week. I really want to do this! I tend to only be at home and at church most of the time, so I don’t know how much I will actually get to share, but I’m definitely going to try my best!
- Read the Bible every day. No reason to stop at last year.
- Serve at home more. I find it pretty easy to serve outside the house, outside the norm. So this year I’m gonna try and do it more inside the house and serve family.
- Spend time more wisely. I’m really good at crashing for three hours and day and doing nothing. Like read a book, of watch American Ninja Warriors. Two episodes. *hides*
- Snack less. Speaks for itself.
- Get up on time? Probably not gonna happen, but hey, it looks good on the list!
You’re asking “Hey! What’s the difference between a resolution and a goal?”
A Resolution is something you decide to do at the beginning of the year consistently. Exercise every day, eat better all year, do this once a week, that every day, etc. You get the idea.
A Goal is something you want to get done this year. So you don’t necessarily have to do it every day, or even once a month. It’s just something you want to do before the end of the year.
Without further ado, my goals:
- Get my short story published on Amazon and become an Author on Goodreads. This will help, because when you become an author on Goodreads, you can connect your blog to your account, and it helps increase readers.
- Get at least 20 followers on my blog. As we speak I have 6 subscribers on my blog, and I know that it’s really low mainly because I do no social media spreading. I don’t have a Facebook, or Twitter, or Instagram. But anyway, I’ve got a couple of things I wanna do this year to increase followers. You can help too! Share on your blogs or social media and tell your friends. *sends hugs*
- Finish my first draft of Dewdrops and Butterflies.
- Finish my journals all the way through before buying any more.
- Have my 16th B-Day Party!
- Re-establish my aquarium and get a Koi Betta!
- Get Re-certified in CPR. My certificate expires this year.
- Get my drivers permit!
- Be a good role model.
I think for now that is all.
Super excited y’all. I hope you had fun reading this post. Any suggestions on how I could maybe make a habit of the things I want to do? Comment below!
Thanks for reading!
~B.R.B. and Libby
Hey, so Libby’s been sort of totally taking over my blog this holiday season, so I’m going to take it back soon. Just hang in there, and maybe tell her it’s suuuuper boooring when she posts and she should let me do it.