Hello my lovely humans! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all! Last year I did a year recap and resolutions post (which you can go read here) and this year I’m going to do the very same thing. 😀
Honestly I’ve been really excited to do this for a while. Most people do this sort of thing once a month even, and I haven’t gotten into that, but this once a year thing sure does get exciting.
Blog Year Recap!
- Of course we start with last year’s resolution post. January also hosted Libby’s Birthday.
- In February I shared about guarding your heart and my own standards that I try to stick to. I also did a cover reveal for Jesseca Wheaton’s book A Question of Loyalty.
- In March I did the Liebster Tag, wrote about living with abandon, and of course the Blog Birthday party.
- In April I wrote about liking yourself, surviving Social Media, and participated in the blog tour for Kellyn Roth’s book “At Her Fingertips.”
- In May I shared my Seattle, WA road trip, a Union Gospel Mission service project, and some journals!
- In June I helped with the blog tour for one of my favorite books ever! I Don’t Dance by Jesseca Wheaton.
- In July I did the Blue Sky Tag which was quite fun.
- August was busy! I posted a couple short works of fiction, helped with another blog tour, this one for Kristian’s War, and posted another Liebster Tag, this one in video form!
- In September I wrote about guide lines for girls, paddle boarding, and worshiping alone.
- In October I did the “Voted Most Likely” tag about my characters.
- In November I announced my new project!
- And then we have December, where I posted about my NaNoWriMo experience.
- I read the Bible every day for the whole year, bringing me to a total of 730 days straight!
- I finished writing Dewdrops and Butterflies!
- I won National Novel Writing Month!
- I made friends with the most amazing girl in the world. Her name is Penny Wood and she is MINE and I love her so much. She’s shown me what it means, really, to be and to have a best friend. She’s ultimately the highlight of the year. Honestly. I love you so much Penny (even if you are an EVIL EVIL author and hurt my Matt. *cries*)
- I started Playgrounds and Black Markers!
Last Year’s Goals.
Pray more. I tried. I really did. I didn’t do it as much as I wanted to but this year I will be setting aside a specific amount of time for it, which will help me.
- Share the Gospel Once a week. Fail. I did it like twice last year I think?
Read the Bible every day. I diiiiidd! Serve at home more.I did my best. 😀 Spend time more wisely.I feel like I’ve definitely gotten better, but that doesn’t mean I don’t chill once in a while. XD Snack Less.Checkmark! Get up on time?I did this one. Our schedule changed to where I am getting up later than I wanted to that time last year, but still on time for the day to start. Get my short story published on Amazon and become an Author on Goodreads. Checkmark and Checkmark! You can find my author page here and my short story here. Get at least 20 followers on my blog.I have 16 subscribers via email and 6 via WordPress. Woot woot!! Finish my first draft of Dewdrops and Butterflies. Yasss done. Re-establish my aquarium and get a Koi Betta!I did, his name was Trysten but he got out of the tank somehow which I DON’T KNOW HOW because there are nooo holes in the lid! Get Re-certified in CPR.I did it too! Certified for the next two years.
- Get my drivers permit! Oh dear.. nope.
Be a good role model. I did my best. 😀
2019 New Year Resolutions and Goals!
- Set aside ten minutes a day for Bible Study and Prayer.
- Pray for a specific person every week. (52 weeks, 52 people, 52 prayers)
- Graduate school!
- Get a license.
- Develop my blog more and get 50 followers.
- Continue publishing short stories in Christian Magazines and get into more of them.
- Have fun being myself!
That’s all for today folks! I’ll be working hard to post on time for you guys. Usually I try to post every Wednesday. Keep an eye out because next week I’m doing a READING recap of 2018 and I’m gonna share some of the BEST BOOKS in the world that I read in 2018.
Have a lovely week my friends.
P.S. I don’t like B.R.B.’s hair like this.