Guys, so much has happened since I sort of got caught off guard with books.
- I really got into Goodreads. Which is a blast! I’ve found some really fun books on there and I’ve gotten new stories and settings and characters and other amazing stuff into my head.
- Participated in NaNoWriMo. This was so much fun, and although I didn’t get my goal, I still did a lot more words than I would on a normal schedule. I’m really hoping to get my WIP published when it’s done.
- I’m considering doing a Blanket drive. I want to collect a bunch of homemade baby blankets and donate them to the NICU in my local hospital. I understand this to be really hard since so many of you all are all over the world. So really it would just be something like we would make (crochet, knit, quilt, sew, whatever you like) baby blankets and donate them to someone who had a difficulty with their baby or just someone that recently had a baby. In my city, I’m going to see if I an get my church to help me get the word out. Anyway, how many of you would be interested in participating in this? If I’m gonna do it I’m gonna actually set up event dates and everything. You guys can do that in your community and just send me the number of blankets that your group was able to collect or donate. Should I even do this?
- Going crazy about Christmas around the corner. Dudettes! I’ve got all my Christmas Shopping done already. *flings ponytail over the shoulder and grins* I’m totally so excited about that. And plus so friends coming home for Christmas. Come on, I mean you have to agree with me, that’s a great gift in itself.
- I’m totally like Betta fish again. I don’t know how many of you know this, but before this blog I had a blog called “BettaMaster.com.” I was the info machine for the Betta fish. And then when I started this blog I sort of got distracted. I just recently checked my notifications on one of my favorite fish forums and got all pulled in again. Super excited. 😀
- Time for New Year Resolutions!
So last year I sort of totally didn’t have this blog. (IKR?!), but I remember the two resolutions I made.
Yeah, I only made two. But hey! I actually stuck to them!
- Read My Bible Every Day
Oh. My. Goodness. I. Am. SO EXCITED! to have done this. I know, I should have been doing it all along, but I haven’t. So this year it was my biggest goal. If everything had to go out the window it would. I was gonna read the Bible every day of the year.
AND I HAVE! I’m so excited! Of course, there are still a couple of days left in the year, but I’m not even bothered. I’ve made it a habit and I’m doing it and it’s actually happening!
I did almost miss August 13th, because I was really busy with the last day of VBS, but after sort of panicking a bit the next day, I realized that I had actually read my Bible during the lesson that day, and breathed a sigh of relief.
- (not really a resolution at the beginning of the year but…) Get all the way through the Bible.
This is like that story in the Bible where the lady lost her silver coin, and when she found it she hosted a party for her friends and neighbors would celebrate with her. This is how it is for me. I’M SO ECSTATIC! I can’t believe I’m actually doing this! I will be done by December 28th. So Excited. Celebrate with me folks.
Did I mention I’m super excited about that?
Anyway. Sorry about being sort of booky/boring this last couple weeks. I will try to do a better job y’all.
And I’m also taking prayer requests now. I put it up on my sidebar, but if you have anything you want to share for a prayer or praise (it can be Public or private), contact me and I’ll be sure to pray for you.
How have you all been? What did you ask for this Christmas? What is your favorite Christmas tradition?